Extended cab rear window question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx_noir

Reaction score
I have a '96 1500, and the rear side windows need to be replaced due to the gaskets, but I don't want to have to replace the whole thing, I have access to a '94 extended cab truck, is there a reason I can't use that frame and glass in my '96 since I can order the gaskets for that one?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Different setup entirely. Your 1996 has a glass/hinge/latch/frame assembly glued to the body.. 1994 has the hinges and latch pop-riveted to the body with the gasket attached to the sheetmetal. Haven't ever tried to transplant that setup and no idea if it would work.. but you'd need all the associated parts from the donor truck to even think about trying.

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it’s leaking, the frame may have pulled off some. Ideally, it would be removed, paint touched up and re-glued. Short of that, you can try lifting it up and putting a sealant under the gaps or around the perimeter.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interested in knowing what you come up with. I have the same issue with my 95. I’ve got the vinyl flooring so it takes forever to dry out.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
I’m currently investigating generic window glaze and universal/ cut to fit custom window gasket options to replace aging rubber that’s glued on the edge of the rear ext cab window glass on a 96. This thread was one of the closest I could find to the same issue. I have not found a direct replacement part anywhere. Anyone have any experience replacing this gasket? Or link to another thread that might have an answer? Thanks