Exhaust Route

• True Duals 2.5 piping

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • SIDO 2.5 piping

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • SISO 2.5 piping

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
What made you want to get rid of the duals?

the added cost and complexity required to run a dual system, isn't worth it for me. 1/4 the cost, an 1/10 the effort. The big factor is that I want to bring the truck down (and thus routing a dual system is time-prohibitive), and have it running on the new motor inside a weekend, but my $2000 swap budget also played in.

Last edited:

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the added cost and complexity required to run a dual system, isn't worth it for me. 1/4 the cost, an 1/10 the effort. The big factor is that I want to bring the truck down (and thus routing a dual system is time-prohibitive), and have it running on the new motor inside a weekend, but my $2000 swap budget also played in.

I hear that brother... money is always the issue! did you notice any performance gains when you raun duals? did you have a x or h pipe?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
2.5" dual with an X pipe (or crossover muffler) or 3" SISO

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
dual 2.5 will be slightly louder (given the same muffler used), performance will be very nearly the same... maybe a slight edge to the dual 2.5 if it is set up correctly, but that also depends on what muffler(s) you use.