EVAP connection issue 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildncrazyguy

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know exactly what this is, (evap canister I think) but my check engine light is on, checked codes, pO440. For some reason the past week, I open the hood and found pictured below. I can easily plug it back in, but I've opened the hood twice this week and found this. Is there a clip or something that is supposed to hold this together? I know I could tape it, but heat in the engine compartment is probably not the best on tape. Don't mind spending a few bucks on a clip if that's what I'm missing. Curious if I broke and lost something that holds these two togerther or if they've just determined they're going their separate ways now after about 17 years... Thanks.

Probably my code issue. I've put them back together for now and see if it'll clear on it's own, but if they're determined to stay apart, then next time I open the hood might have to reconnect them...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It almost looks like it's partially broken off inside the elbow. If not, like previously mentioned, use some silicone.