Esky Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as for the tach problem, yeah it definitely sounds like a malfunction of the cluster itself, you could pull it apart and look and see if you see any visible problems/corrosion/etc, but you might just have to either swap clusters, or some of the cluster parts. probably easiest to just swap clusters if its not anything special like an esky or police gauge cluster. in fact I may have a spare sitting around I could sell if you're interested.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I might actually jump on that, there are NO 96+ obs trucks in the yard here. This is just my old work truck I use for logging, so it's not THAT big a deal at the moment. I'll talk with ya in more detail on other thread.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shoot me a PM if you're interested in the cluster so we don't derail this one more heh

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
shoot me a PM if you're interested in the cluster so we don't derail this one more heh

Not derailed! I'm learning a lot here! Really appreciate the info!
And yes, the difference is consistant across the range.
Got a call into a buddy that may be able to re-calibrate the tach, if he has EFILive. If he does, I'll be asking more Q's. Thanks!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not derailed! I'm learning a lot here! Really appreciate the info!
And yes, the difference is consistant across the range.
Got a call into a buddy that may be able to re-calibrate the tach, if he has EFILive. If he does, I'll be asking more Q's. Thanks!

what year is the truck? 96-97 you'll have problems because efilive and most other tuning software won't support reflashing it, 98+ and you might be okay. if its a 96-97 you might consider doing a 411 swap which would make it efilive (and hpt, etc) compatable.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
y'know I just pulled up a couple '98 random tunes and looked over them, the blackbox PCM may not support calibrating the tach. I'm so used to tuning the 411 in my truck which uses G1204, G1205, and B5402 cells to calibrate the tach, but you may not be able to even with the '98...its kinda hard to say without looking at your tune specifically. but you might not be able to do it without swapping PCMs. hmm...sorry 'bout that, I thought I had seen it done that way on an early PCM before.