Esky Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just installed mine. Love it! One of the best things I've done to my truck yet.
Here's my problem. Cluster came out a V8 vehicle, my truck is a six. Everything works, except the tach is off. How do I re-calibrate it to work with the 6?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get up some pictarz...That's a good question about the tach. You're vortec correct? You'd think that's something the computer would automatically adjust.... I know when I took my needles off to clear I had to physically place the rpm needle back on while the gauge was attached and truck running with the front glass off. Had to place right to where it normally idled @ 800 and then it was fine!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yep. Vortec.
I'd like to post some pix. Kinda hard to do @ 70mph, but, at that speed, the tach reads 1650-1700 rpm. With 3.73's that just aint right.

When I got the cluster, before I took the old one out, I set the computer back to all the stock specs, then after I put in the new cluster, I reset all the stuff that needed to be changed, such as the tire diameter increase, the change to 3.73's, shift points, rev limiter, & speed limiter, etc. Hyper-tech programmer.

Seems to me there was a thread about this, or I read about this problem somewhere. I just can't find it, or remember where it was.
Take my advice...don't get old!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 95 tach only goes to 5K, and the 96+ vortec tach goes to 6K, both the 95 and 96+ tach occupy the same space on the gauge cluster therefore if you install a 96+ gauge cluster in a 95 the tach will be off throughout the rpm range.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Dakota Digital probably has something that you could make it work with.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
The 95 tach only goes to 5K, and the 96+ vortec tach goes to 6K, both the 95 and 96+ tach occupy the same space on the gauge cluster therefore if you install a 96+ gauge cluster in a 95 the tach will be off throughout the rpm range.

:worship: ^ plethora of information!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
8cyl gauge is made to pickup an 8-tick revolution, your 6-tick rev is making it read 25% lower(I think my calculations are correct....it would either be off by 25% or 33%) I'm brain dead at the moment though haha. Maybe install vortec 6 tach internals?