eric.s.t C3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Just wondering something about the drop... I don't know much about two things, dually's.. lol and the "ad a leaf" thing... I think that's what its called, basicly the extra leaf for when theirs a lot of weight ... (the top leaf that sits against a tab on the frame) when I do my drop, do I remove that? If I measure the axle tube up, it would be 8 inch drop without that leaf... if I go over that leaf, its 10 ... so what do I do?

Alex33

Reaction score
Pics as promised. Like I said, she's a project but I love driving her.

You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Pics as promised. Like I said, she's a project but I love driving her.

I like that, im going to be on a hunt for a crew cab to change mine to that! Nice project, and so clean!!!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im hoping to lower it soon, probably next mount. Im going to make my own drop kit for the back, then get coils and spindles for the front. Should shave half the cost of drop kit! Also while im at it, im going to paint the frame... its in desperate need...lol

Alex33

Reaction score
Im hoping to lower it soon, probably next mount. Im going to make my own drop kit for the back, then get coils and spindles for the front. Should shave half the cost of drop kit! Also while im at it, im going to paint the frame... its in desperate need...lol

Show us some pics of progress! If you decide to get an off the shelf kit you can have mine cheap. :High 5:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright, so before I start doing bigger projects such as lowering it... I want to do a full tune up. the truck has been sitting for, who knows how long! I was told the guy drove it last summer... but when was the maintenance done on this truck?

Im thinking of doing :
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Plugs
Possibly a TBI rebuild with the mod while im there
New fluids
Fuel filter

Am I missing anything else? I feel like im missing something very obvious! And can anyone recommend anything else or part choices? Im thinking of going ACDelco unless theirs aftermarket parts tat can help performance of the vehicle.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Please don't lower it, but it's your truck! :)
Wix fuel filter, I used to use acdelco but the wix is just better quality.
Synthetic fluids.
Felpro gaskets with rtv.
You may want a new coil while your doing cap rotor plugs and wires. I just installed hypertech cap rotor and coil with Taylor 8.2 thunder volts and it did make a small difference in power.
New vacuum hoses? T bolt clamps from napa just because I like them way more than any other clamp.
Clean Pcv hoses and install new pcv. Block off that stupid egr before you develope major carbon build up.

Seafoam the intake

Btw hypertech, Taylor, felpro and wix are all made in USA!!!

Some cheap ideas for you at least.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I think im going to go ahead and order:
AcDelco:
Plug wires
distributor cap & rotor
Ignition coil

Fram:
Engine filter

Also, new belt and pulley belt tensioner and then the Throttle body tune up kit.

Any one ever try MSD or Taylor Plug wires, cap and rotor? I would like to have the red stuff .. lol

Alex33

Reaction score
Hey bud, clean out your inbox so I can send you a PM, hehe. Back on topic, your list looks much like mine. i need all that too.