engine oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've used Rotella 15W40 in everything I've owned. I get a good price on it :rofl:

I do also, T6. I use Valvoline Max LIfe ATF in every single transmission I have too, I have zero worries that it's not infused with unicorn horn dust.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That should tell you something though about using those viscosities in modern engines, which are toleranced for oils with much lower viscosity indices.

Now, if your modern engine is wearing out, and has developed larger clearances, then ok, higher viscosity oil, during warm weather, may be ok. Remember though, that back in the old days, you had to use thinner oil in cold weather. It was typical to have the owner's manual call for 30 in the summer, and 10W in the winter.

Engines and oils have come a long way over the last 50 years.
I wouldn't call a 350 TBI motor a modern engine. Anything with flat tappets should have a higher level of lubrication. Anybody that can't see that dosent understand how moving parts work in even the slightest form, much less how engines work. Will it run without zinc or zddp, of course, hell, it'll probably run on vegetable oil. There's a big difference between works, and works great.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've always had access to free 15w40, so that's what I go with. I ran 20w50 when I had to buy my oil.

When I was still a machinist, I had my Yukon, thing pissed powersteering fluid out. Twice a week I topped it off with Waylube 68. IDK what that is, or what's in it, but it worked peachy for about two year's lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCVY