Email Overload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are thread updates. The reason this happens is because when you sign up for the forums, your settings are pre set to automatically subscribe to topics. So here's what you need to do.

Click on "Settings" in the top right of any page of the forums. Then, in the left hand column you will see "General Settings". Under "Messages & Notifications" you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and choose "Do not subscribe". Then scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes".

After you have done this it will stop automatically subscribing to every topic you post in, but you are still subscribed to the topics you had posted in before you made these changes so there is one more step to stop getting these emails.

Click on "Settings" again, and at the top you will see a list of subscriptions with new posts. Next click on "View All Subscriptions". This will show you all the threads you are subscribed to already. Click and put a check mark in the box to the right of the list above them all. The right box is circled in the picture below. After this you need to click on "Selected Threads" to drop the menu down. In the menu select "Delete Subscriptions" and then click on "Go". These are all illustrated in the image below.

You most likely have a few pages of subscriptions so you will need to keep doing that second part until all the subscriptions are deleted.

You must be registered for see images attach

^^rep

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are thread updates. The reason this happens is because when you sign up for the forums, your settings are pre set to automatically subscribe to topics. So here's what you need to do.

Click on "Settings" in the top right of any page of the forums. Then, in the left hand column you will see "General Settings". Under "Messages & Notifications" you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and choose "Do not subscribe". Then scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes".

After you have done this it will stop automatically subscribing to every topic you post in, but you are still subscribed to the topics you had posted in before you made these changes so there is one more step to stop getting these emails.

Click on "Settings" again, and at the top you will see a list of subscriptions with new posts. Next click on "View All Subscriptions". This will show you all the threads you are subscribed to already. Click and put a check mark in the box to the right of the list above them all. The right box is circled in the picture below. After this you need to click on "Selected Threads" to drop the menu down. In the menu select "Delete Subscriptions" and then click on "Go". These are all illustrated in the image below.

You most likely have a few pages of subscriptions so you will need to keep doing that second part until all the subscriptions are deleted.

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh thank goodness for this post....sheesh

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Ok so is there a way where I can see new postings in threads through the control panel without getting the emails?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Ok so is there a way where I can see new postings in threads through the control panel without getting the emails?

Turn off the email notifications then just click "settings" in the top right corner of the page. All of your subscribed threads with new posts will show up there

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I have it set under settings to receive no notification and I still get tons of emails

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Then you shouldn't get emails for subscriptions. Might be something Shaggy needs to look into.