elocker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never put mine in yet ive got a 10 bolt under my truck now im building a 14sf

so do you think they are junk or what

wes761

Reaction score
No, they aren't junk. Much better than having a G80 in there.

I don't think they're any worse than the aftermarket Eaton's. I would rather have an ARB, but the price was right.

Just be gentle with them, and don't engage unless you are at a dead stop with foot on the brake, not exceeding 20mph once locked.

Nothing works better than a spool, but would much rather have this elocker than any of the mechanical lockers.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so when im in the mud, can i stop lock it , get it spinning slowly and then eventually stand on it?

so the 20 miles an hour is that on pavement or in the mud

wes761

Reaction score
Hard to say what they will hold up to. I haven't really put it to the test yet :evillol:.

Here is what I do know:
They came stock in hummer h2's.
They only engage when you put the h2 in 4lo (can't get into 4lo unless at near dead stop).
How fast can you go in 4lo with a h2? (not too fast)

You don't hear h2 owners having many troubles with them.... this is the only thread online discussing this problem with the factory h2 elocker.

I'm sure someone will find this thread very helpful down the road.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im probably going to buy that armature kit that comes with a bracket and the stator ring, then have a machine shop make me a bunch of the brackets (non h2 style)

i will have to actually because theres nowhere i know of to get h2 bearing caps

and im sure other people dont want to pay 150 for the stator and bracket when all tehy need is a 5 dollar bracket

wes761

Reaction score
Very true about the Sh!ty price you have to pay for the bracket.... but most of the time if you broke the bracket, you probably sheered the wires off the stator and need that also.

Let me know if that service kit works. I will be limping mine around open till December.

wes761

Reaction score
Update: The Stator Armatur Service Kit 29395-00S works with the OEM Hummer H2 rear end. The carrier bearing does have to be removed in order to replace the stator. This retaining bracket is much better.

Attachments

• 1128102245b (Small).jpg
    1128102245b (Small).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 24

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought the service kit and have this bracket, still have not had it set up yet

Matgyver

Reaction score
This is very helpful guys!!! I too bought an H2 take out, and need this bracket!! TRX88...if you make some extra of these, would you be willing to sell one?? I don't really want to spend the $140 if I can help it!!! I'm sure I dont want to use the HMM version cause I will be binding my jeep up in the rocks all the time...stronger the better!!!!!
Thanks for the write up guys!!!