Electrochromatic Mirror Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mirror quit working. It’s the original compass one. I tested the mirror out of the truck and it works. I put a multimeter on the connector when disconnected from the mirror and get battery voltage. Start the truck, I get 13.x volts at the connector. When I plug in the mirror and read the voltage from the backside of the connector I get 0.5V. When I do the same down at the convenience center for that same circuit I also get 0.5V. Someone please explain to me why the voltage is dropping so dramatically with the mirror plugged in. Btw, I also plugged in another spare mirror I had laying around and get the same thing.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Check fuse 4 in the dash fuse box. It may be lightly corroded causing a bad connection.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check fuse 4 in the dash fuse box. It may be lightly corroded causing a bad connection.

Will do, but there’s a bunch of other stuff on that same fuse that you would think I’d be having more than just mirror issues.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yes, true, half of your gauges would be failing as well. Another option is the temperature sensor or the outside mirror electrochromic circuit shorted out, but I don't really think that's likely as it should pop the fuse. Have you pulled and replugged the connector from the convenience center?