Electrical issues. Wipers/Driver Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 K2500 LT CCSB

My wipers work normal and perfect sometimes, rarely but sometimes. The rest of the time, all intermittent options go the same speed (prolly second or third fastest speed option) except for the highest one. It goes faster. If I turn the switch off while they aren’t acting normal they will keep moving probably 10-12 more times. And they’ll stop anywhere after. Usually halfway up or all the way up. I have to keep cycling the spray/wiper until the decide to land anywhere that doesn’t look stupid. And if I select any speed except the real fast one, sometimes they’ll stop randomly and I have to switch to the real fast one for them to start moving again.

When they act normal, each speed works, switch kills them at the bottom. But this is pot of gold rare for them to be normal.

————

Also, my driver window usually won’t go down. If I drive down a few miles of bumpy roads it may let me roll it down and act right for oh well say the next set of bumps I hit. Then it’s back to staying up. I’ve heard a bad ground? The switch and harness are connecting. The actual motor though I guess grounds through the rivets that hold it to the door?? There’s none broken that I can see.
Oh and usually when I strip off the door panel, if I plug the switch in I can roll down my window but usually as soon as I reinstall the panel it goes back to not lowering.

Every other window functions correctly. Just driver side. Could my switch assembly be failing just for driver window?
It’s never been stuck down. Just up. And either only the lowering option has issues or it always get rolled up before it quits.

———-

I’s there a way to fix my power lumbar on the seats? If I toggle the switch I just here a humming noise. That’s it.

—-

I want my passenger window (and possibly both rear door windows also) to AUTO DOWN like the drivers. Yell ideas, knowledge, and advice at me please.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Substitute a known good switch for the window and see if your problem is resolved. The wiper problem sounds like a bad pulse board or wiper motor connection. It may also be the multi function lever is worn out.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The wiper pulse boards are known for having cold joints, so resoldering it may fix it. Mine is starting to have issues so I may be trying that soon.

The window reminds me of my tail lights.... right side would stop working. I'd pull it, and it would work fine. Re-install and it would work for an hour a day, a week, or a month before it would stop working again. I tried several boards, and finally the one I have now has been working for many years. I think the switch is a good place to start, as already suggested.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver window has completely stopped working now. If I hold the “window down” button down, the what I assume is the relay for the automatic feature starts clicking over and over. I tried 3 other switches and all did the same. Every window works except for the front driver and on all the switches the relay would just trigger over and over and after maybe 30 seconds it would stop and not click again. Any ideas? It used to start or stop working if I went down a rough gravel road so I thought maybe the window motors ground? But where does it ground at, The pins that hold it to the inner metal door panel?

If I take my door panel off (the vinyl/plastic part that you actually see) the window will start working again. I haven’t taken it off yet but I’m gonna see if there is a pinched wire maybe but any ideas fellas?

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
Buy a new pulse board make sure that yours has delay or not it will say it on the turn signal switch. I just did mines yesterday and boom problem fixed. Mines was the same way the part its cheap and quick to change. Look on youtube it will show you. Took literally 5 mins.