Electrical connection question. 99 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayhood

Reaction score
Trying to locate where this connector would go. Trying to save a suburban and dropped in a new motor from a partially deconstructed truck. Found every connection but this. Any help would be appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Pics or description of the wire colors on that connector may help. I don't have the diagrams in front of me but the factory service manuals are available online. To me, that round 2 pin connector looks like the pressure switch either on the back of the A/C compressor or possibly nearby on one of the A/C lines or the accumulator.

Richard

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, that round 2 pin connector looks like the pressure switch either on the back of the A/C compressor or possibly nearby on one of the A/C lines or the accumulator.

RockAuto shows this (below). It appears to be the connector for the AC cycling clutch switch (this switch would reside on the AC receiver / dryer, on the passenger's side firewall near the evaporator).

But I swear I've seen a similar connector on the AC high-pressure cut-out switch that's on (almost integral to) the HT6 compressor. THAT switch would be on the driver's side of the engine, near the compressor (of course), and I think on the rear of the compressor.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was it guys. On the back side of the compressor. Will be test firing this weekend. Thanks for the help

Good luck.

A "short" is needed across that connector in order for the clutch to engage. The switch in the compressor should supply that "short". If the clutch doesn't engage, that's one place to check.