Eclipse Buckets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I know there are TONS of seats that will bolt up to the GM risers, and some that only require a few little mods to make work. I am planning on swapping to a black interior, but wanting to stay cloth seats. I know its a real PITA to dye my OEM seats, which sucks because they are MINT. Not a scratch, run, or tear in them.

I found a set of buckets from an Eclipse that are in great condition and are black with dark gray inserts, which would be awesome for what I'm wanting. I would swap them over to my GM risers, so they sit up as high as my seats now. Just not sure how hard it is to mount them up. Haven't had a chance to do too much with my interior before I left.

I know this question is asked alot, but I'm posting this on a few of the forums I'm part of, looking for some quick info, so I could have someone snag these up for me before I get back.

Here is a link to them, not sure how long it will be up.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pts/3779468499.html

Any and all help will be appreciated!

fishy

Reaction score
I think that they may work. One of the guys at work put them in his truck but I'm not sure how much work it was his were out of a newer car though not sure if there the same underneath

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I texted the poster and they said "I have no idea what you're talking about..." So I guess the number on the ad is wrong lol

I was going to have him measure the risers underneath, and some measurements of the seats (height, width, etc) if anything I can just fab some brackets to match them up. Wouldn't be too hard.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Would they work? Yes. with some steel stock and some creativity anything could be done. Personally, I think they are too narrow proportionally for a full size cab, and the will look like skateboards propped up in your cab. They will be lost in there and there will be a lot of unused space, negating the spaciousness of a full size cab. I had Fiero buckets in a reg cab 400 once, same problem.
Just my opinion though...

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I found a set of black an grey cloth seats out of an FBody that I am picking up for free (bring a case of beer and wrench a little on his truck) so these seats are out now. Te number posted for the ad was wrong anyways and I couldn't get ahold of the seller.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The FBody seats have a wider base and more of a bucket feel, sitting a little deeper, but a few people have done it that I have seen. The seats are pretty much coming free, and if I dont want them I will just turn around and sell them. It would be really nice to be able to just dye my OEM seats, but I've heard too many horror stories about that.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Iv been borrowing a grand prix gtp and i thing a set of those would be really cool in a reg GMT400!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Any pictures of the fbody seats? Ive been wondering if I lowered the seats in my truck if it would be too low... id love to have the "corvette" feel in my truck. Since ill be lowered on coil overs, itll drive like a vette (minus the cornering lol) Id like t osee your new set up! If you end up putting them in.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The FBody seats would still be put on my risers, and probably with a spacer in the rear to level it out if they sit too far back. But I wont be home til the end of this month, but will be picking them up first thing. I will surely update this post with pics and any info I get.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Iv been borrowing a grand prix gtp and i thing a set of those would be really cool in a reg GMT400!

GTP seats.

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/pictures/EBAY/06 GXP 2 tone seats/CIMG8595.JPG

Have a set of these in my shop right now. Re-covering them for a square body GMC. Less the headrests.
They have manual adjustable cushion & backrest side bolsters. Some had that option with electric motor adjustments.
With a center console out of a square bod Blazer/Jimmy, they fill the cab very nicely! Super comfortable!