E-3 Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never tried them and thought about it. I've read that they don't last as long as other plugs that are the same price. I've read that in a few places from a few people so I can only assume it's right. I see no point in getting them, even if it gives you gains, if you have to replace them twice as much. I use Bosch Platinum 4s and have no complaints. I know some people prefer a standard 1 electrode style plug where you can gap it to get maximum performance out of them, but I don't need to squeeze every little HP out of it.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That's the plus to platinum 4s.. No worries on gaping them... . I didn't want to spend 3x so i bought ACDelco cr43ts gapped to 35, but after changing 3 plugs looking for a sign of a bad one, i decide to hold off for a while since their almost new.
Here's the worst of the ones I've changed... Still probably have another +30k to go... All the gaps were spot on also
You must be registered for see images attach

hookedup50

Reaction score
Had 2 crack on my AMC 360. Only use AC Delco or NGK on my gassers. It worth a shot on the old guzzler though as 11 MPG is good mileage and only reason I get that is I use GM HEI distributor and used to get 9.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worst plugs I've ever had. I took the first set back and the second set was worse. It ran better with the old plugs back in there which were plain old AC Delco's.

I did the exact same thing. AC Delco's is all I will ever run in my 350.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until they can produce some independently verifiable data that shows better BSFC while using these plugs, I'm gonna call it snake oil. OEM or NGK are my picks.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to do some hardcore digging into past threads on other sites I've visited, but someone told me that they're meant for high performance setups like track centric builds, not street builds. And that the only time you'll see an efficiency increase, is in a lawn mower.

Not even. I run a small engine shop, and E3's are the worst thing yo ucan ever put into a mower, except dirt, and ethanol...

Ive had at least a dozen instances this season where equipment came in not running, and the only problem was the E3 plug had failed shortly after installation. Ive had alot of instances where poor idle, hard starting, misfires..were remedied by removing the 7 dollar E3 and putting in a 2 dollar aftermarket OEM style plug...