E-3 Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue93

Reaction score
Has anyone used the e-3 plugs in their engine?Are they really worth the extra coin?I've heard from different customers that they get 2-3 more mpg but I've yet to confirm if they really work.Anyone that has tried them please feel free to share your experience.:think:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I don't have them in my truck yet, But I do run them in the Montes. Didn't notice that much of a MPG improvement, but the quicker acceleration and the smoother idle was worth the extra cost.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed no real difference from them when I used them in my last mustang. I stick with good ole normal plugs now...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worst plugs I've ever had. I took the first set back and the second set was worse. It ran better with the old plugs back in there which were plain old AC Delco's.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have to do some hardcore digging into past threads on other sites I've visited, but someone told me that they're meant for high performance setups like track centric builds, not street builds. And that the only time you'll see an efficiency increase, is in a lawn mower.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't b/c I did and it was the worse experience ever (2-3 years ago). I had 2 plugs crack on me in different time frames before I just swapped them out for AC Delco's and this was all in less then 20k of usage. I bit the bullet b/c I was young and dumb (2 guy's garage stopped working on cars and starting advertising more) at the time.

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had them in mine for over 2 years or like 14,000 miles, no complaints runs like a charm, on the highway i can get almost 20mpg if im nice to her lol. Smooth idle, I also received a bit better throttle response. But i also have stock tires and 3.42 gears. So yea..

Last edited:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Most of the dirt track guys around here run ACDelco maybe us hillbillies never got into that fad? :shrug:

some of them do run bosch platinum 4s though

Oldblue93

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys.I think I'll stick with stock ac delco plugs.The motor is stock with the exception of Gibson headers and a k&n filter in the stock breather.I think that extra money can be spent elsewhere on the truck.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've had them in mine for a year now and it runs great. I also have all MSD ignition components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiej80