Dyno Fund

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without the computer being tuned for a descreened maf I doubt youll see any gains at all.

you honestly want us to pay, for you to goto the dyno to try CAI's, descreening MAF's and stuff that literally would add like 1-3HP?...

Come on...

That's exactly the point. Everyone says "do this, you'll feel the power" but no one has numbers to show if it even helps. My guess is that it actually hurts with out the proper intake system and that's what we want to find out. We're not talking about a bunch of money either, just a couple bucks to help offset the dyno time. Who ever does it will have to cover their parts and fuel. Like mentioned before, maybe people close to each other with different parts could get together and try even more combinations at the same time.

Then, when someone with a stock truck says "I'm going to *** to my truck this weekend!" We will have definitive proof that it either does help, doesn't help, or hurts it. Most people descending a MAF have not made any other major modifications to their trucks other than maybe a CAI or drop in filter and colorful plug wires.

We just thought that we could prove or disprove some of these rumors with the help of this online community and have solid info rather than a bunch of people arguing over it based on what underwear they wore that day.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
you honestly want us to pay, for you to goto the dyno to try CAI's, descreening MAF's and stuff that literally would add like 1-3HP?...

Come on...

This was not a discussion started by me. I'm simply offering my trucks since I have both and am walking distance from a dyno.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
That's exactly the point. Everyone says "do this, you'll feel the power" but no one has numbers to show if it even helps. My guess is that it actually hurts with out the proper intake system and that's what we want to find out. We're not talking about a bunch of money either, just a couple bucks to help offset the dyno time. Who ever does it will have to cover their parts and fuel. Like mentioned before, maybe people close to each other with different parts could get together and try even more combinations at the same time.

Then, when someone with a stock truck says "I'm going to *** to my truck this weekend!" We will have definitive proof that it either does help, doesn't help, or hurts it. Most people descending a MAF have not made any other major modifications to their trucks other than maybe a CAI or drop in filter and colorful plug wires.

We just thought that we could prove or disprove some of these rumors with the help of this online community and have solid info rather than a bunch of people arguing over it based on what underwear they wore that day.

Yessir. I'm more interested in solid proof than big gains on these things, especially since all everyone does is speculate.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
As far as just flow numbers, I can use my Torque app for that. It will tell me what the MAF is seeing. But for any power numbers, we'd need a dyno run.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Dead thread walking.

~Via Mobile

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was not a discussion started by me. I'm simply offering my trucks since I have both and am walking distance from a dyno.

I brought up that I had talked to the local dyno about doing these tests to see if there was any power actually gained with the different setups I mentioned earlier. I want one of the Volant CAIs for my truck anyways, so I thought it might be nice to get it dynoed to see what it gains. While I was there I might as well try the descreened MAF with the stock intake and Volant ones to see if that picked up any gains either way.

They quoted me $100/hr while the wheels are turning and $75/hr to swap parts because their insurance won't allow me to be inside their shop. I thought someone else might be interested in these gains as well and while not able to have dyno work done themselves, could pitch in a little on mine. I'm not begging by any means, I'll probably still have it done after the first of the year regardless of wether anyone helps out or not. I just thought I would ask.

My truck is stock except for a K&N drop in filter in the factory air box. CCSB K2500 5.7L, 4L80E, 4.10 gears and 285s.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I brought up that I had talked to the local dyno about doing these tests to see if there was any power actually gained with the different setups I mentioned earlier. I want one of the Volant CAIs for my truck anyways, so I thought it might be nice to get it dynoed to see what it gains. While I was there I might as well try the descreened MAF with the stock intake and Volant ones to see if that picked up any gains either way.

They quoted me $100/hr while the wheels are turning and $75/hr to swap parts because their insurance won't allow me to be inside their shop. I thought someone else might be interested in these gains as well and while not able to have dyno work done themselves, could pitch in a little on mine. I'm not begging by any means, I'll probably still have it done after the first of the year regardless of wether anyone helps out or not. I just thought I would ask.

My truck is stock except for a K&N drop in filter in the factory air box. CCSB K2500 5.7L, 4L80E, 4.10 gears and 285s.

I know, just some people are all negativity. I simply offered my trucks and my time for testing purposes. Im with you all the way, so don't take anything I say as a bag on you haha

Sent from the Rat powered LG

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know, just some people are all negativity. I simply offered my trucks and my time for testing purposes. Im with you all the way, so don't take anything I say as a bag on you haha

Sent from the Rat powered LG

I'm cool dude, all that was typed with a completely neutral tone and wasn't directed at you, your quote just worked for the easiest description. :smoke2: