DuPont No.7 Fast Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to an auction yesterday, and found a can of this in with all the stuff I bought. People always said this stuff was the absolute best product to use to flush all the junk out of your cooling systems.

Seeing how I plan on changing out both of my radiator hoses in the next few weeks, I might as well flush the cooling system too (it's been nearly 4 years since I last did it). Figured this might be worth a shot to clear any buildup in the system.

Some people have said that the aluminum used in modern engines is what finally killed the Fast Flush......anyone heard similar things? I don't want to try it if the end result will be it eating up my gaskets and radiator.

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't heard of it before. Got any direct links to the product, that would show what chemicals are being used in it?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will tell you this. I used a flush in june and the heater core blew in July. Yesterday the seam at the top of the radiator tank started leaking. Coincidence? Perhaps. You be the judge.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to look at the can to see what's in there...I'll post back tomorrow.

skylark, generally, I'm 100% against any type of "flush" except for (if it's really bad) using Cascade in the cooling system to flush. Does a GREAT job.

However, old car guys used to swear by this stuff, and I was just curious. The coolant in my truck is still a nice green color, but I figured it might be worth a shot. I'll do some more research and see.