Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first weekend back I took a trip down to the local Pull-A-Part yard trying to find some trim pieces to replace the bad ones in the truck.

Found a good driver's side A-pillar trim to replace the one with the gauge pod screwed into it. It's got a transmission temperature gauge, but it doesn't work. And I don't like pillar gauges. So it's going away (I'll offer it to the forum) and I'll replace it with one that doesn't have screw and wire holes drilled into it.

It's a nice gauge pod, but the gauge is kaput and pods aren't my style
You must be registered for see images attach

The visors in my truck are missing, so I picked up a set of visor mounts in anticipation of finding a set of visors or adapting a set from another truck. I also picked up an Astro roof console with the more fully featured DIC, a shift lever that doesn't have gouges out of the end, an ashtray that isn't cracked apart, a door buzzer to experiment with, an unrusted tweeter grill, a GM underhood storage box, and an 0411 out of a V8 Express van and ECM bracket from a late Astro.

I really enjoyed the DIC and camaro chime mod. It sure is nice being in dfw as far as junkyards go, dozens of them to pick from, never couldnt find the part i need, except for stupid 2 door b pillars

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the DIC and camaro chime mod. It sure is nice being in dfw as far as junkyards go, dozens of them to pick from, never couldnt find the part i need, except for stupid 2 door b pillars

As far as I know, there are only four self serve yards in the area. The two Dallas and one Ft Worth Pick-N-Pull yards and Allstate in Grand Prairie. I'm sure there must be some smaller yards, or further flung yards, but I don't know them.

And I added a Camaro buzzer for now. But I'll modify one of the truck buzzers to play a programmed sound or music.

Camaro buzzer that's in the truck now. Boy, that original buzzer was annoying.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought one of these programmable buzzers. I'll hack it into a truck buzzer and remove the original speaker parts. This is the easiest, cheapest way I've found to do something like the Volvo that plays the 8-bit Africa warning chime.
I'll also cut a couple of the terminals off the buzzer box to eliminate some of the warnings.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there are only four self serve yards in the area. The two Dallas and one Ft Worth Pick-N-Pull yards and Allstate in Grand Prairie. I'm sure there must be some smaller yards, or further flung yards, but I don't know them.

And I added a Camaro buzzer for now. But I'll modify one of the truck buzzers to play a programmed sound or music.

there is a large yard next the the pick n pull in ft worth, and 2 or 3 down the street from all state, one of then is huge. A few more in kennendale.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Where is that module inside a Camaro? I have a 4th gen parts car to seal from, just need to know where to look.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those turn signals look pretty good silver. I'd like to see them when they're back on the truck. I have the same lights, but I installed them straight out of the box.

I believe the Sylvanias are better built, and better designed than the Artebs, at least from the lenses back. You can polish and clear the Sylvanias to bring them back. I would especially recommend that if the adjusters aren't frozen.

I found OE adjuster bricks on Ebay as well even though they are discontinued from GM. Generally some PB Catalyst or FreeAll will get them moving again.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I need one of those for the Van and Tahoe. Atleast these GMT400 trucks did not have the older 1940s doorbell buzzer sound like my 83. The Express van one annoyed me enough while I was working on the lighting I removed it.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a large yard next the the pick n pull in ft worth, and 2 or 3 down the street from all state, one of then is huge. A few more in kennendale.
There was a smaller picknpull in Haltom city off of 121