Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rebuilding the front end this weekend. New everything except the idler and pitman arm parts that were replaced a month before I bought the truck. And new shocks all the way around. I'm going to try out the Ford greasable swaybar end links on this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bags and brackets are still in the truck. Like many parts, they look beat. Not cracked and frayed beat, but getting close. I doubt I'll need them. And if for some reason things change and I do require overload bags, there are more modern compressor setups I can use.
The Firestones on my 96 K2500 make a big difference, I don't know why I waited so long.
That being said, before I even got my K3500 road legal I scored a full AirLift Load Lifter 5000 kit, and a complete onboard compressor kit. I won't ever tow without bags if I can help it!
They look like Eagle wheels to me just based on the rear center caps.
I didn't see anything to positively identify them.
They're Alcoas, if you look on the back of the rim there should be a square with 3 triangles making an A stamped into the center.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're Alcoas, if you look on the back of the rim there should be a square with 3 triangles making an A stamped into the center.
I drove it to the shop I work at today and the owner, who knows wheels, immediately identified them as Alcoa wheels and -not- Eagles.

I've got OEM center caps for them, and was going to install them last week, but the OEM style lug nuts with the external threads that I had on the shelf turned out to be some 9/16 lugs I had bought for an old Squarebody 4x4 that I had. I've ordered the M14-1.5 lug nuts and will swap to the OEM center caps when the nuts arrive.

And just because it got mentioned, the old '76 Squarebody. Photo from when I picked it up in Washington.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another trip to the Treasure Yard yielded a few more components for the truck, and a couple small pieces I needed for a racecar I'm building.

In the truck the current power driver's seat is a tan seat that was swapped in. It is in great condition, but...it's tan in a grey interior. The manual passenger seat is original and the leather is beginning to fall apart and the tracks are extremely loose. I suspect the rollers have been spit out. I'll be ordering new covers for both seats. But, I'll still need better tracks for the passenger side and grey trim pieces for the driver's side.

Pulled this grey recline handle off an S10 seat and made sure the angle and fit worked correctly on a GMT400 seat. Pulled the leather headrest and headrest bezels from a passenger side leather seat in a 2000 Suburban. The switch bezel came off a power cloth seat that had been ripped up.

The Envoy visors I tried to use aren't really wide enough for use in the GMT400. I compared stock visors to others in the yard and found that some Astro van visors can fit the GMT400, but not the dual visors. I found this rough set of grey visors in a 1999 Suburban. Surprisingly, the lighted mirrors are in perfect shape with no cracks. I pulled all the mounting clips and wiring along with the visors, that's what's in the baggie. Since my truck has -no- visors in it, having the plastic flange and mounting parts will at a minimum allow me to adapt some other visors. But, I'll probably try to restore these.

There's also a Cargo light switch that I found laying in the gravel, and out of frame is a 2011+ Ford ABS wiring harness and connector needed for adapting Ford Racing ABS to my racecar.

Last edited:

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cloth is glued to the foam, so you'll either need new foam or have a miserable time scraping the cloth off. Or plop the leather right on top?
Definitely won't be putting one cover over the stock cover.
Having pulled a few of these late leather seats apart at the junkyard, the covers have not been glued to the main foam. There is a thin layer of soft foam attached to the covers, but the main foam is separate. If it turns out not to be true for -these- seats, I'll pause the install and buy the foam billets.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely won't be putting one cover over the stock cover.
Having pulled a few of these late leather seats apart at the junkyard, the covers have not been glued to the main foam. There is a thin layer of soft foam attached to the covers, but the main foam is separate. If it turns out not to be true for -these- seats, I'll pause the install and buy the foam billets.

Correct, the leathers come apart but from what I've heard the clotch does not. You can get new foam bottoms for sure, backs I haven't looked.