Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's a question that will never get a public response. :Big Laugh:

FWIW, I'll soon have Texas Antique YOM plates on it.
Yup cause it's 25 now! Classic car/truck plates are applicable now, and no extra fees unless you want a personalized plate....
Rawhide was eligible last year, and my Burb will be, this time next year. Soon as I can get into the DMV and title office, gotta have an appointment....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup cause it's 25 now! Classic car/truck plates are applicable now, and no extra fees unless you want a personalized plate....
Rawhide was eligible last year, and my Burb will be, this time next year. Soon as I can get into the DMV and title office, gotta have an appointment....
Does that limit how much your supposed to drive it. I think that’s the way it is up here anyway.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that limit how much your supposed to drive it. I think that’s the way it is up here anyway.
Here, in AZ, the plate doesn't restrict mileage driven, the "Restricted Use Endorsement" insurance along with the Historic Plate allows for "exempt" status on emissions. Here's how it is worded...
You must be registered for see images attach

No, you can't use it as a DD but, I still go to pick up lumber, run errands, go out to lunch, and Total Wine runs :lol:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here, in AZ, the plate doesn't restrict mileage driven, the "Restricted Use Endorsement" insurance along with the Historic Plate allows for "exempt" status on emissions. Here's how it is worded...

No, you can't use it as a DD but, I still go to pick up lumber, run errands, go out to lunch, and Total Wine runs :lol:
I won’t say what party runs this state. It’s obvious.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha. Another reason I did this is, we agree on the value of the truck so, if it gets stolen or burns up, I'll get more than what an 88 is normally worth. Back in 2020 I valued it @$13,000. Next month it's going up for renewal, I'm thinking about upping it to $20K especially since I got it painted :deal:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha. Another reason I did this is, we agree on the value of the truck so, if it gets stolen or burns up, I'll get more than what an 88 is normally worth. Back in 2020 I valued it @$13,000. Next month it's going up for renewal, I'm thinking about upping it to $20K especially since I got it painted :deal:
I have to do this!!!!!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to do this!!!!!
Yeah, it took quite a bit of back and forth between MVD (yeah, it's MVD here, not DMV) and Farmers to get it done, especially during COVID CRAP. Plus my insurance company isn't too happy with us since my wife was run into and we're suing our insurance for UIM (Under Insured Motorist) after the at fault driver's insurance capped out at $25K, we carry $100K/$300K on our policies (including my truck). It's been about a year and 4 months now since the accident. I'm just saying this for others' edification, you insure what you can't afford to pay. The premium isn't that much more but, with her surgeries past and future, it's well worth it IMHO.

Sorry for the high jack OP!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
In Texas there are no mileage restrictions for the "classic" plates. They also have an "antique" plate that does have mileage restrictions (5000 miles a year IIRC, I know it used to be that because we had them on a square Burb we hardly ever drove cause the trans was shot). That one has an additional fee besides the vehicle registration, BUT that vehicle is exempt from the annual inspection! Once the vehicle qualifies for classic or antique plates by virtue of being 25 or older, the emissions inspection (if you're in a county that requires one, the most rural ones don't) is no longer required. Only safety inspection which only costs $8! Instead of $40....