Drw to Srw conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Okay so to start off, I'm new to this forum. Glad to be aboard and hope to learn a few things.

So with that said, I'm not however new to twisting wrenches and making things happen. I've come here today looking for some information on doing a srw conversion on my dually.

The truck in question is a '93 K3500, 406ci with the Nv4500. The truck has the FF 14 bolt under it.

Now with my question; What will be my easiest route of converting my truck to srw? I want to retain my factory rear end and ifs. I plan on swapping beds but really would like to avoid a rear end swap if at all possible. Having a truck with a wide track width really isn't a worry for me as I actually like the look of tires past the fenders as long as it isn't obnoxious.

I haven't worked on the 3500 trucks enough to know all of the differences between them and the 2500 trucks. What am I looking forward to as far as removing the front spacers and bolting on a normal wheel? And would it be in my best interest to do a disc brake conversion on the rear to offset the difference in width?

Sorry for the long winded post, just a lot of questions I need answered that I haven't had much luck answering through my own research.

Thanks in advance!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It should be just as easy as bolting up some SRW wheels on the rear axle and swapping the rotor on the front with SRW front rotors. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

But I have one question about this conversion...WHY???? I'd love to have a DRW