Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now now grasshopper!!!!
To paraphrase the great Dave Mustane.... mankind has got to know it's limitations!!!!
If I don't spend a few hours with woman and kids, they will smash the truck up when I'm gone for the week to work!!!! Lol
When you're done it will be your daily lol...... for a while. You won't want to leave it home after somebody going the other direction gives ya the thumbs-up.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you're done it will be your daily lol...... for a while. You won't want to leave it home after somebody going the other direction gives ya the thumbs-up.
Doubtful it will be a real daily. If I'm working where I am now, maybe when it's summer. They have a real security guard and jersey barriers all around the parking lot after a bunch of Duramax's were stolen. I'd be too paranoid to leave her unattended for 10-12hrs a day. But I'll drive the $hit out of her when I'm home!!!! Just no winters ever again!!!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
marked out and ready to go.
safety 6x6 installed.....only one thing left to do right!!!
and that's install the safety cardboard!!!!
Betcha thought it was cut!!!!! Silly people...gotta try and keep the sparks away from the gas tank.

Glasses on and let's get it done!
And I did. Man, that was a looooooong time coming!!!!
installed and torqued to spec!
Whoopwhoop!!!
I am DONE for the day. Still have to drill the bottom two holes, just don't have it in me today. Been a good day, I'm ok with it.
The axle is where it's supposed to be and torqued down as well. Driveshaft is reattached.
So tomorrow is a dozen holes to drill, shock extenders to install and I think that's about it.
And I guess reattach the shackles.
At least the passenger side is a bit easier without the wiring and brake lines to fight with.
Tell me you've got that truck supported on more that just that 6X6 standing on end. I've had two friends crushed to death while working under cars that weren't supported well.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tell me you've got that truck supported on more that just that 6X6 standing on end. I've had two friends crushed to death while working under cars that weren't supported well.
Oh for sure....it has 2 jackstands in front of the spring hangers. And it has the rear tires/wheels under the frame just in case as well.
The 6x6 was just to keep the rear end from sagging when I cut the notch out.
Sorry to hear about your friends, that's a horrible way to go. And everytime I'm under the truck, I make it quick as possible. I've been in industrial construction and maintenance for 30yrs, I've had safety crammed in from both ends. I even use my prescription safety glasses and ear plugs when using grinder, impacts ets. Just part of who I am.
Take safety home with you has been the motto forever.
Thanks for your concern, and hopefully someone takes it to heart and rethinks their hillbilly ways.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the passenger side notch in and torqued down. Then reinstalled the shackles so now the leafs are attached to the truck again. Didn't catch it until too late, but the replacement shackles didn't come with washers. So I'm missing 1 washer on the upper bolt side because in order to remedy that, the entire axle has to get unbolted from the leafs so they can swing out and past the mounting bracket, I think it should be ok with a washer.... certainly hope so.
Installed the passenger side shock extender, that was a bit of a fight, had to hog out two holes in the Belltech piece to get the bolt to go through. Didn't drill the small bolt on the side to lock it in yet though. Went to do the drivers side extension, and stop. That thing doesn't want to go on. Holes are 1/2 a hole off, the bracket won't "seat" on the factory mount. So instead of 1/2 @ss'n it, packed up and am getting ready to leave for the week.
Looks like I have to notch out the bed brace above the c-notch's as there is about 1/2" space between the frame and other bed braces. It's pretty much the last line in the instructions.
That's going to be fun trying to figure out a way to do that.
Speaking of instructions ,as I gazed into the dwindling amount of hardware in the box, I realize I must have missed some step somewhere. Sure as $hit, looks like I missed something with the transmission spacers of some sort.
Sorry for lack of pictures, was just trying to bang it out today. Between woman needing my assistance to move heavy stuff, and a bit of a hangover, was a bit of a scramble today.
So hopefully next weekend y'all (and me) will see her off the stands strutting with her new shoes!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got to my parents, stay here for work. And these were waiting for me.
Mirrors are definitely made of plastic, see how they hold up.
1st of 3 sets of AC Delco door pins. Somehow ordered 4, was too late to cancel the 2nd so I guess I'll send them back or toss them on the shelf for sometime down the road.
Funny....one mirror came in its own box, the other came in the bigger box on the bottom. Silly people.
The drivers door definitely needs pins ASAP, the other door can probably wait until I find a new door.
Mor things to add to the list......just have to remember I brought this on myself and have been waiting a long time to do. At least woman knows where to find me for the foreseeable future.

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
Alright....let's fill y'all in on today's festivities.
so here's the old icky stuff.
blocked up for safety, wasn't feeling the jackstands.
"pro tip" for the day. Unless you have a better idea for UCA's, take the inner fender out. We fought for way too long to get the old nut off the cab side, and even longer trying to put the new Belltech alignment bolts in. So our they came. WAY friggin easier. Right way, don't know....but it worked for us.
73 year old dad under there getting it done.
Future ex son in law (humor there, good kid) working on the wheel bearings.

every thing all buttoned up on drivers side....I think. Bolted the wheel up and realized I didn't install the friggin shock!!!! Lol. It's there now.
You should upgrade your steering shaft, I did mine and it made a huuuuge difference in how it feels. Bolts right in super easy.

Attachments

• IMG_9691.png
    IMG_9691.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 11

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
Just got to my parents, stay here for work. And these were waiting for me.
Mirrors are definitely made of plastic, see how they hold up.
1st of 3 sets of AC Delco door pins. Somehow ordered 4, was too late to cancel the 2nd so I guess I'll send them back or toss them on the shelf for sometime down the road.
Funny....one mirror came in its own box, the other came in the bigger box on the bottom. Silly people.
The drivers door definitely needs pins ASAP, the other door can probably wait until I find a new door.
Mor things to add to the list......just have to remember I brought this on myself and have been waiting a long time to do. At least woman knows where to find me for the foreseeable future.
I have the same mirrors on mine for the last year(ish), seem to be holding up well although the drivers side does vibrate a little on the highway.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same mirrors on mine for the last year(ish), seem to be holding up well although the drivers side does vibrate a little on the highway.
Thanks for the feedback, I knew they were not oem quality and expectations were tempered.
But that's ok, because they will match the rearview mirror vibration due to the system I plan on installing.....so all good!! Lol