Drop ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm finally goin to order a drop for my truck I was goin to go with the 2/4 or 4/6 what do yall think? How does the ride differ? and how long will it take to install?

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Im good friends with mike and mark at djm honeslty their djm spindles dont push out the tires and the springs ride better than belltechs plus their shocks have a lifetime warranty. id do djm

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im good friends with mike and mark at djm honeslty their djm spindles dont push out the tires and the springs ride better than belltechs plus their shocks have a lifetime warranty. id do djm

X2

I had belltech in my 93 and it sucked, I didnt realize it till now when I have a full djm kit, never rub, great ride, no complaints at all! my 4/6 took about 6 solid hours, but I have upper and lower control arms and springs up front and a flip in the rear... I imagine that doing spindles and springs will shave a little bit off your time. looking forward to seeing your truck sitting down some!

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Go with the 4/6 drop.
Most guys that go with a 2/4 wish they would've done a 4/6.
I have all Western Chassis stuff with Doetsch Tech shocks on my 98 & it rides great.

As far as how long...I'd plan for a full day.
You have to figure in little things you may have to do with the 4/6 also.
For example: rolling fenders, notching bed support above rearend, triming control arms (depending on wheel size), etc

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree dgo with the 4/6 drop. To be honest Ive been using belltech spindels forever and I have never had a problem with them pushing out the whels I only started hearing about this once I started joining these forums

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go with the 4/6 drop.
Most guys that go with a 2/4 wish they would've done a 4/6.
I have all Western Chassis stuff with Doetsch Tech shocks on my 98 & it rides great.

As far as how long...I'd plan for a full day.
You have to figure in little things you may have to do with the 4/6 also.
For example: rolling fenders, notching bed support above rearend, triming control arms (depending on wheel size), etc

you wont have to roll your fenders or trim your control arms if you get drop control arms and springs:hmm: and you still wont rub (with 235/70r15s)... and another pro is that you have your full range of steering, without rubbing... My truck is my daily driver and I drive on crappy Wisconsin pothole roads all the time and I have no problems taking this truck anywhere. I couldnt say the same about my 93 on a belltech 4/6, dont get me wrong they make an excellent kit, I just believe that djms kit is much more drivable.... pick your kit considering what you plan to do with the truck... if your going to drive it once a week to the car show or your driving on nice roads then save yourself some money and get the belltech but if you plan on spending allot of time in this truck especially on rougher roads I strongly recommend (you can probably tell) the djm kit

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
GO 4/6. I will be swapping out my Beltech spindles Fro My New DJM spindles in the next few weeks along with new hotchkis coils to replace my beltechs. I have never had any problems with the beltechs other then them pushing my wheels out about 1/2 ". Other then that never a single issue. But I am Picky and prefer to have my fronts tuck in like the rears. But Def do the 4/6. 2/4 is a wast eof money and time.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
4-6 all the way, you will want 4-6 in a few month's if you go 2-4. I also prefer DJM, I have used Belltech and DJM, but I don't like how my belltech spindle's push my wheel's out that extra .5!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4-6 all the way, you will want 4-6 in a few month's if you go 2-4. I also prefer DJM, I have used Belltech and DJM, but I don't like how my belltech spindle's push my wheel's out that extra .5!

yeah and speaking from experience you'll want to bag it in a couple months after a 4-6