Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronP

Reaction score
I have quick question and I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this site who may be able to help me out.

I installed an LS in my 1995 2wd ECSB and also installed a 00+ 4l60e which is 3/4 of an inch longer and I want to put on 2 inch lowering shackles for the rear.

My question is: is the only option I have for shortening my driveshaft measuring and having a shop build/shorten mine or is it possible to find a single piece such as a 4wd truck that came stock with a single piece that might fit? Or do I have to go to the junk yard and just start measuring?

Also, what is the maximum travel I should have in and out of my output shaft?

Thanks for your time. I did some searching with the search function but couldn't find a satisfying answer.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
You should be able to keep your 2-piece. The front shaft will be fixed and not move in and out of the tailhousing like a one piece would. Your articulation will be on your slip between your front and rear shafts. I have the same setup in my 90 ECSB and everything is fine. What engine mounts do you have? I used dirty dingo sliders, which may help if you need to go forward a bit. Mine still has the old style trans linkage, so I lined it up in the exact place as the 700r4 was, but since yours is cable, you have more room to play with if need be.

AaronP

Reaction score
You should be able to keep your 2-piece. The front shaft will be fixed and not move in and out of the tailhousing like a one piece would. Your articulation will be on your slip between your front and rear shafts. I have the same setup in my 90 ECSB and everything is fine. What engine mounts do you have? I used dirty dingo sliders, which may help if you need to go forward a bit. Mine still has the old style trans linkage, so I lined it up in the exact place as the 700r4 was, but since yours is cable, you have more room to play with if need be.

Thank you for your reply! I just had the front driveshaft shortened so the mounting points were the same and I get enough movement from my rear section of the 2 piece :) again thank you