Dorman parking brake cable wont thread into equalizer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I finished my 14 bolt swap over last weekend but when I installed the parking brake cables the original equalizer was just too rusty and damaged to use. I bought a new one a couple days ago from GM and went to install it in the trucks, but I can't get the Dorman cable to thread into the GM equalizer nut, they appear to have different thread sizes! Has anyone run into problems like this with aftermarket brake cables before? The cables I used are C94163 and C95514.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
When I swapped my 14 bolt on my '91 I left it undone but on my I connected it. I can't for the life of me remember how as its been a few years now but I may of bored it out and retapped it. My parking brake is practically useless, I wouldn't worry about it unless your running a 5 speed or have to pass yearly inspection.

Edit: Nevermind read your sig.

asau

Reaction score
can you rethread either to match the other? when i adjusted mine i had to rethread mine with the same die to clean the threads so i could connect the two