Doors Need some attention. (saggin and poppin)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Hey,

Im no expert when it comes to doors so im looking for advice.

Both my doors sag, my passenger side door sags really bad, to the point its really hard to get it to close all the way and makes a loud popping sound when it goes from wide open on its way to shut.

I hear now and then to replace door pins and bushings, I think the passenger side needs more than that. Maybe a new roller pin?

Either way I dont enjoy going back twice and I would like these doors to close like they were brand new.

What all needs to replace to accomplish this goal? Is there a door kit I can get? are there certain brands to avoid?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The popping noise may be the roller pin that keeps the door wide open or half open, sometimes it gets weak and begins to bend at the roller.

As for the door sag, you have a couple options: you can buy new door pins and bushings which may help if the bushings are bad but may not work if the holes in the hinges are elongated. Some people have used a jack and placed it under the door to bend the hinges upward, i have never done this, and the last option is to replace the entire hinge assembly.

I bought new pins and bushings at napa and dont remember where i bought the roller pin

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Yea I think you nailed it on the roller pin, I just looked at it..... its bent.

Thank you.

zchrisz

Reaction score
when i bought my truck the driver door didn't close without some kind of 3 point move to the point someone ripped the interior door handle off, i cannot stand a door that does not close... i replaced (both sides) the rollers, pins, and bushings... driver side door still didn't close upon inspection the latch was worn out from the sagging bushings, replaced that and the door shuts and opens like new. the rollers and bushings need to be lubricated frequently.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Collecting parts now, went ahead and got new springs just got the roller pins, now just waiting on the hinge pins and bushings, there was quite a bit of negative reviews on the Dorman set so I spent the extra coin on the American made set.