Door striker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the nut plates for the door strikers fixed in place or are they loose? I need to replace mine, so before I just unscrew them, I'd like to know if I have to pull the interior panels off of the body. Thanks

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plate's (i.e., striker nut's) rectangular shape, and the groove it sits in, should prevent its rotation as you remove the striker. However, as you completely remove the striker, the plate (striker nut) will fall down. So, you will have to remove the interior panel at some point to retrieve it.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a little leery about pulling those plastic panels, knowing how brittle they may be
If you have an extended cab, you can simply pop the rear cargo pockets out and reach up in there to put the nut plates back in position to install the new strikers. Any other body style and you're pulling trim plastics. Pretty sure I'm remembering that correctly; easy to verify.

Richard