Door Speakers Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyDaGoat

Reaction score
Local car audio store recommended the Alpine SPS-610 and 610C for my 96 tahoe as the owner does that in the same car. What do I all need besides the speakers themselves to get them to fit before I start installing them

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
either way you go......do you plan on using an amp?

i've recycled (3 trucks worth) my older JBL 6.5" components.....have good crossovers and work wonderful in my scsb......i have pioneer pancakes behind the seats with a JL Audio 8" reflexbox behind the passenger seat, where the jack was........it all runs off a middle of the road pioneer head unit with a 5 ch JL Audio amp.........it's enough for my style. i'm gettin to be an old fukk.

back in the '80's all i used was Alpine.....i couldn't tell you what's "good stuff" anymore.

https://www.crutchfield.com/m_399/Car-Speakers.html

CodyDaGoat

Reaction score
2 door or 4 door? What head unit etc. are you using to drive these? Any amp?

Here's a link to Crutchfield's site, where you can put in your vehicle specs and find out what will fit, and what modifications may need to be made.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-DKWUvjIS19u/

Let us know how it works out.
4 door, Crutchfield said one of them will fit modified, other will not. Sonix says they both will fit and my audio shop says yes so I have no idea.

mavbeacon

Reaction score
The 610c is 6 1/2" component set, will work in front doors with adapter rings, either made or bought. They can be found on Amazon, crutchfield ect., metra part number 82-3002. I made mine for my truck but am thinking about buying when i replace speakers later. The tweeters will fit in stock location with a little work, i trimmed the area then hot glued them in place so they didn't move around. The 610 is a coaxial and should fit in rear doors with just a little work. There are a few videos on YouTube about the rear door speakers.

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch those rings from Metra. While great, they are prone to breaking easy. I broke one when I was attaching my Pioneer 4-Way 6 3/4”, but it broke in a way that it still worked and doesnt vibrate against the door panel.

As far as quality, I have always used and trusted Pioneer. That’s whats in my truck now.