Door panel pulls away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

field57

Reaction score
Anybody know an easy fix or what pieces I need to replace to fix my door panel? When I pull the door shut from inside the cab by the arm rest, it is loose and pulls away from the door quite a bit. This is on a 92, thanks.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody know an easy fix or what pieces I need to replace to fix my door panel? When I pull the door shut from inside the cab by the arm rest, it is loose and pulls away from the door quite a bit. This is on a 92, thanks.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there should be a couple screws on the armrest that screw in to a bracket on the inner door panel. I know they're on my 98 and my dad had a 92 Sub years ago, and I think he had similar screws. Not sure what size, but it's worth mentioning that they might be there. Sounds to me like they're missing. Hopefully someone else chimes in with better info.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a screw in the armrest and a screw behind the plastic panel that goes around the switches, pull the switch bezel off and the screw is right in front of the arm rest. The tab the screw hoes through commonly breaks so I usually drill 2 holes through the tab and through the part of the door panel it broke off and zip tie it together