Door panel inserts/dress up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

here is one I did

I just noticed you have the old interior with newer door panels. how easy was the swap and how well to they flow with the dash?

Sent from my static android

lynx

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply I dont spend alot of time on this site.

Door panels fit if you have the inner steel panels also, I happened to have a donor truck and removed everything I needed plus all the wiring .
The fit to the old dash isnt perfect but not really noticeable,only thing I did was glue a leather button to door panel so it would meet dome light button on old dash. Hope this helps, if you or anyone need further info its best to just email me at [email protected]. I am in process of trying to restore a 1959 chevy Apache pickup so I spend most of my time in other forums or working on truck.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
some door panels have push buttons and some arent! if they arent push buttons it makes the job a HUGE PITA MORE!!!!!!! just pull your door panels off and look for those pins on the back. if there isnt... well good luck! the tabs are pressed and/or glued to the panels.
and remove the old fabric or else it can hold the new stuff up. just be sure to spray the fabric back FIRST and let tack dry as well as the door panel trim before ya touch fabric to eachother... if you dont wait till the spray tacks up youll just push the glue right thru the fabric and make hard crunchy spots and get glue on your hands as well!
the hardest part to recover IMO is that bottom carpeted section!

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any idea which door panels have the push pins and which ones are glued? The bottom part doesn't pop out does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitram

Reaction score
All of the front door panels that I have messed with had push pins on the inserts. However, the rear doors on the crewcabs, tahoes, and suburbans do not and are a royal pain in the a$$.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
some door panels have push buttons and some arent! if they arent push buttons it makes the job a HUGE PITA MORE!!!!!!! just pull your door panels off and look for those pins on the back. if there isnt... well good luck! the tabs are pressed and/or glued to the panels.
and remove the old fabric or else it can hold the new stuff up. just be sure to spray the fabric back FIRST and let tack dry as well as the door panel trim before ya touch fabric to eachother... if you dont wait till the spray tacks up youll just push the glue right thru the fabric and make hard crunchy spots and get glue on your hands as well!
the hardest part to recover IMO is that bottom carpeted section!

Excellent advice!
You can go over the old fabric, but embroidery such as the Denalli's have will telegragh through the new material. If you don't want that, then you can strip all that off down to the insert base, then begin with 1/2" poly foam, leaving about 1/2" all the way around. This gives the edges a nice finish when the material of choice is wrapped onto the panel. Glue both sides of everything that is being applied, letting it dry so as not to cause the glue to soak into the foam and permanently compress it.
If the pins break, you can use a construction adhesive called 'PL400' to re-attach the insert. But, that stuff is used to construct buildings. Once it's stuck, it ain't never coming apart!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
yep ^
and i am not honest which panels are which... i know my old 95truck has push pins. but this extra set of door panels i bought from junkyard i tried pulling it apart and it was glued but i forget what kinda truck or even year they came out of! ive pulled way to many parts to keep track.lol

also if you like the denali wood trim ;) i got a set of those wood trim pieces and also 2 pair of the wood looked switch panels, but they delete the tweeter there and have holes for 4window switches. but great if you want to fill the extra window switch holes and paint it to match your truck :D thats what i originally thought about doing!