Door handle/lock linkage replacements for 95+ trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous owner removed all the door panels and inner door linkages for some reason, can only open doors from outside. Is there any way to source new inner door parts without replacing the entire door? They are in surprisingly good shape. Local used part yards are no help. Thanks in advance.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could you explain "no help"? Is it that they don't have any GMT 400's or is it that they want you to buy the whole door to salvage the works? If the latter that is pretty understandable as it is unlikely they could sell a non functional door. You might need to go to a very large yard that has some marred or dented doors to salvage the works from.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any gmt400s locally. There's places nearly an hour away but they want like 200 for the entire door and they're not the same color as my truck.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not in a huge hurry, I probably have all the parts you are looking for. What I am lacking more in is time to pull all of it off the doors. It might take me a few weeks to get the time to source all of it for you.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're not in a huge hurry, I probably have all the parts you are looking for. What I am lacking more in is time to pull all of it off the doors. It might take me a few weeks to get the time to source all of it for you.

I have manual windows and locks. I looked inside the door and I could see where the previous owner actually cut the rods that come off the latch. A short one and a long one (that goes to the interior handle). I think I have part numbers for the long rods for both sides. 15740529 and 15740530. Still trying to find part numbers for the short rods. I will also need a new set of interior handles which won't be a problem. I think that will get me by. Thanks though!