Door fobs/power locks on early trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flatcap

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi chaps, Im trying to find out whether my 92 work truck would have had keyless entry/door fobs back in the day! The new door key locks I fitted are really cheaply made so if I could reinstate the keyless entry, It would be great. The doors have power actuators fitted although unsure if they work. Even if they did, they are no use without the fobs. Any tips/advice gladly accepted!

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I believe that keyless entry didn't become an option until '95 or '96.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi chaps, Im trying to find out whether my 92 work truck would have had keyless entry/door fobs back in the day! The new door key locks I fitted are really cheaply made so if I could reinstate the keyless entry, It would be great. The doors have power actuators fitted although unsure if they work. Even if they did, they are no use without the fobs. Any tips/advice gladly accepted!
I bought my 94 new. No keyless entry. I had a local guy add an aftermarket keyless entry setup with fobs. It worked good. I found the little box recently wired in up by the emergency brake bracket.

Flatcap

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 94 new. No keyless entry. I had a local guy add an aftermarket keyless entry setup with fobs. It worked good. I found the little box recently wired in up by the emergency brake bracket.
Looks like this will be the route to take!

Flatcap

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I believe that keyless entry didn't become an option until '95 or '96.
If thats the case(and I am happy to accept your knowledge!) what purpose do the fitted actuators serve?

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
If thats the case(and I am happy to accept your knowledge!) what purpose do the fitted actuators serve?

I'm gonna guess that the truck doesnt have power locks? If not, someone in the past probably had aftermarket actuators added to the truck.