dont know what else to do about to give up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 1994 ecsb with the 5.7 tbi i have been having some problems withe it sputtering and wanting to die and sometimes it will die but it mostly runs like this only on takeoff and around town it runs fine at idle and on the highway with no trouble at all this is what all is new as of last night plugs,wires dist cap,rotor,temp sensor,o2 sensor,map sensor,iac,egr,egr vac switch,coil,tb was rebuilt a week before i bought it with new injectors,snap on scanner said the tps was working properly and the fuel pressure is fine pump is getting 13.9 volts just dont know what else to do it has me and my mechanic stumped please help

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
double check the spark plug gap, did u replace the coolant temp switch with the sensor? If that new O2 sensor is a bosch, they have been known not to work well on our trucks. Test the ICM inside the dizzy.

mnguy55

Reaction score
I'm no master mechanic but I'll make a suggestion. Have you checked the timing? A friend had a 94 (I have one too) with a 5.7 and it would sputter and sometimes even stall pulling away from a stop sign. Ended up the timing was retarded too much. Also, considering all the work you have put into it I'd suggest getting a new distributer since they arent that expensive for a rebuilt.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
spark plugs are gapped to factory specs just went and bought a ignition control module since its the last thing other than the timing to try

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you make sure all your ground's are good? I know it sounds goofy but it's worth a shot if you've going this far.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I know you said TB was rebuilt, but what about the TB base gasket, the one that goes between the TB and the intake manifold? I had a vacuum leak that was doing the same thing: dying at stop, shaking at idle, struggling to accelerate, but it was fine on the freeway. I would just replace that gasket. It's only $5, unless you know for sure that yours isn't having problems.

Is it giving you a check engine light?