DON'T change tranny fluid???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here Is my thought...... I get asked this once a week at least here at the shop. If you have a 150,000 mile transmission with the original fluid, that fluid breaks down. The viscosity is not the same as new fluid. The constant temp change takes its toll. Buttttt with modern engineering, they have made so many improvements with the way the transmission works as well as improvement in fluids, it doesn't break down very much at all. If the pump, clutches, etc is been working at a certain pressure, then you change the fluid, BAM the pressure jumps back up and sometimes you could have failure. It's best to change it every 30,000 then your unit is constantly at a good pressure state.

Brake fluid and lucus are TOTALLY differant. Lucus, lubeguard, and others changes the fluid. Brake fluid attacks the seals. It softens them, but swells them out and they will blow out not soon after. Brake fluid is a big ole nonono. We use Lubeguard on most of our units.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here Is my thought...... I get asked this once a week at least here at the shop. If you have a 150,000 mile transmission with the original fluid, that fluid breaks down. The viscosity is not the same as new fluid. The constant temp change takes its toll. Buttttt with modern engineering, they have made so many improvements with the way the transmission works as well as improvement in fluids, it doesn't break down very much at all. If the pump, clutches, etc is been working at a certain pressure, then you change the fluid, BAM the pressure jumps back up and sometimes you could have failure. It's best to change it every 30,000 then your unit is constantly at a good pressure state.

Brake fluid and lucus are TOTALLY differant. Lucus, lubeguard, and others changes the fluid. Brake fluid attacks the seals. It softens them, but swells them out and they will blow out not soon after. Brake fluid is a big ole nonono. We use Lubeguard on most of our units.

/end thread

This is the guy to listen to....