Dome light trigger issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lowstature

Reaction score
94 Burbon…. Opening the doors activate the dome light EXCEPT for the drivers door. If I open the drivers door and key is in ignition, I do get the chime/buzzer. This tells me the plunger must be working, why doesn’t my dome light come on for the drivers door but it does everywhere else?

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Take the bulb out and check it. Put a volt meter to the pins on the bulb socket and make sure there is power with the door open and the other lights on. Let us know what you find.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the dome light functions when other than drivers door it's not a bulb or socket problem. Check wiring circuit diagram for drivers door dome light.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Sorry, I read that as a door light not working. I believe the door jam switches are double pole single throw switch, or two switches in one operated by the plunger. One switch connects the "key in warning buzzer" to ground, the other switch connects the dome lamp to ground. The dome lamp has power on it, but the switch provides the ground path to turn it on.