Does a rear drop bumper directly bolt onto a suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle_drake97

Reaction score
Has anybody on here installed a drop bumper on their suburban? And was it a direct bolt on job without fabricating. I’m looking at one on the local Craigslist but I’m away from home for college and don’t have access to fab up anything if it’s not a direct bolt on job

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All depends on how they did the brackets. Consider this: a fleetside rear bumper and the regular Suburban/Tahoe rear bumper are 100% the same, just the brackets are completely different. The frame brackets on the SUV's are simply part of the frame, instead of being bolted to it like they are on the pickup.

So, if the aftermarket bumper's brackets are built-in, like many are, it's gonna be a no-go for bolt-on if the bumper came from a pickup.

Richard

Kyle_drake97

Reaction score
All depends on how they did the brackets. Consider this: a fleetside rear bumper and the regular Suburban/Tahoe rear bumper are 100% the same, just the brackets are completely different. The frame brackets on the SUV's are simply part of the frame, instead of being bolted to it like they are on the pickup.

So, if the aftermarket bumper's brackets are built-in, like many are, it's gonna be a no-go for bolt-on if the bumper came from a pickup.

Richard
It appears the brackets on this particular bumper bolt onto the bumper and are not built in. I wish there was a way to upload the picture but it says the file is too large

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so the next question is do they look like regular OEM pickup bumper brackets. If so then the mount points should be similar to an OEM bumper and it will bolt up. But the likelihood of that is...low.

Richard