Do I need a new ecu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the Tunerpro RT software?
Yep, there's a bunch more stuff like history tables such as BLM average, knock counts at MAP and RPM levels. This way you can adjust your fuel and timing better (once you learn how to burn/flash your own PROMs. You 1st have to run a data log for as long as you want and it'll populate all those screens.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OOOPs - wrong spark knock table - I had it set to average instead of Sample count

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well im embarrassed to say but after checking things i mixed up cylinder 6 and 8 plug wires on top of the distributor and she runs great now. However When i shift from drive to reverse it almost stalls. Im checking fuel filter soon

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that you found the likely culprit, but...
Truck is constantly stalling out when I’m braking.
The 'while braking' part leads me to believe you haven't solved all your problems. Is it still running rough while braking?

If so, check the hose to your brake booster and make sure it's in good condition and seals well on both ends. If that's good, put a pair of vise grips on your brake booster hose and drive (carefully) around your neighborhood. If the problem clears up, your brake booster has a torn diaphragm.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So im still having the issue with my truck. I have tuner pro rt and have started using it. My question is what am i looking for? What should each guage read?

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some readings