DMI Hitch adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Ok so this is my second truck with DMI bumper (more commonly reffered to as an Ag or Farm bumper).

They look like this

You must be registered for see images attach

I love towing with it, the springs make for a nice soft ride when towing, however, I cannot use a standard drop hitch with it. When I had my 96' I did some digging and found an adapter that would bolt onto the drawbar that would allow me to use a standard 2" receiver hitch. However now I cannot find ANYTHING (not even a picture).

Does anyone know of anyone that makes such an adapter? Even if you have a picture post it up! I could probably fabricate something if need be, but I'd like an idea of where to start. I've seen some guys that have just welded a 2" receiver tube onto the drawbar but I'm not doing that. I want it to be removable if need be.

Since I lifted my truck 2" it made the hitch point far too high for most trailers. I'm towing more and more now and it's becoming a problem. On tandem axle trailers the front axle doesn't touch the ground or on dovetail trailers the back end drags. I'm not opposed to the idea of buying a standard bumper and hitch, but like I said I like towing with the DMI so if I can I'd like to keep it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you do switch to a normal hitch they make receivers that act as a dmi they work pretty good