Distributor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first got my 1992 k1500 back in January, the 1st thing I did was seafoam it and change the plugs and wires. I didn't notice it until we had everything plugged up in the right order, but we had to rotate all of the boots over 1 in order to get it to start up and run again. Why would the number 1 plug have to be on the number 2 slot etc. for it to start up and run? I only ask because I recently put an ac delco pro ignition coil on and just had to pull the distributor out to remove the oil sending unit for an aftermarket gauge since mine finally gave out, also had to put the right throttle linkage bracket on. I put a timing light on it and everything seemed to be fine. I Just wanted to get a grasp on what's going on here before I put everything back together and finish it up tomorrow. The 1st picture I added is kind of old, but you get the idea. The 2nd is where I left of last night. I'm not too familiar with ignition systems aside from the steering column components, lol. Thanks for any help in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone dropped the distributor off a couple teeth. So rather than pulling it and redoing it, they just moved the plugs over one