Disc brake conversion and other upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Well I am doing another disk brake swap on my 1990.. I have been asked about photos. I will post then as i finish the swap.
You must be registered for see images attach

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am doing another disk brake swap on my 1990.. I have been asked about photos. I will post then as i finish the swap.

Where did you get the rotors?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
RC1concepts?
I know it's been asked, but will that specific set-up in those pix fit inside 15's? Specs on the rest, please.
I'm in a financial position that I could probably swing this right now. Ooooh!

*edit* Beat me to it!

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
RC1concepts?
I know it's been asked, but will that specific set-up in those pix fit inside 15's? Specs on the rest, please.
I'm in a financial position that I could probably swing this right now. Ooooh!

*edit* Beat me to it!

Yes it will work with 15's . You just have to grind on the caliper a little. The rest is just getting the brake line to fit. Drill the rotors for the 14mm lug studs.

bracket
http://www.smileysracing.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=13569&c=0
caliper
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...?itemIdentifier=208793&_requestid=3250967
Rotors
http://www.r1concepts.com/chevrolet-impala-1994-brakes-EDS.62053.htm

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow beautiful work Kevin... Looks great...
So let me get this straight... U just remove the drum, shoes, assembly and back plate..? Then them bolt on that bracket from smileyracing throw on the rotors and caliper hook up the ebrake, Bleed brakes and ur good to go..? Or did i miss sumthing..?

Hummm im gonna start collecting parts and possibly work on doing a write up if I sack up on this mod...

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Wow beautiful work Kevin... Looks great...
So let me get this straight... U just remove the drum, shoes, assembly and back plate..? Then them bolt on that bracket from smileyracing throw on the rotors and caliper hook up the ebrake, Bleed brakes and ur good to go..? Or did i miss sumthing..?

Hummm im gonna start collecting parts and possibly work on doing a write up if I sack up on this mod...

1)Well the rotors need to be drilled for the bigger truck studs. The impala uses the 9/16 lugs and the c1500 uses a 14mm. I will post pic later of what needs to be done.
2) you can make the bracket a bolt on (I have done ths one time when I did not have a welder.i will add photo of this set up later) . In this photo I am welding it in place
3)to add e-brake you have to use a caddy caliper and not the cheaper s-10 caliper. That add thecost from 11.00 caliper to 100.00 a caliper. I will change that a caddy caliper later.

Answer to your question

1) U just remove the drum, shoes, assembly and back plate..? Yes

2) Then them bolt on that bracket from smileyracing throw on the rotors and caliper hook up the ebrake, Bleed brakes and ur good to go..? That about all . I use a ss braided brake line to attached from the hard line to the caliper. I will add all the parts and part number as I build .

did i miss sumthing..? Not really its a easy swap . I have done this on most of te 88-98 trucks I have owened .

Last edited:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ur the man... But dang... The s10 caliper is $11 and the caddi caliper is $100..! Damn wat a difference... I still like the idea of having my ebrake for the panic brake factor... Another thing I want 2 look in2 is the width of the different rotor options... Meaning how much the calipers is gonna have 2 push the pads to reach the rotors...

Last edited: