Disc brake conversion and other upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet I could easily get a set of reman calipers cheaply. Speedway says they are '79-'85 Cadillac calipers. A local parts store doesn't care what part I give them for a core. So I can give them whatever calipers I have laying around and they won't care. I'm not sure if I have any. I bet the price on the rotors would be hard to beat though. The brake lines are no big deal at all, I can make whatever I need. I'd just need their brackets.

And thanks for the tip for using a 3500 HD master cylinder. I'd rather use GMT 400 parts when I can.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
And thanks for the tip for using a 3500 HD master cylinder. I'd rather use GMT 400 parts when I can.
there is a master for drum brakes and one for 4 wheel disk, you want the disk one

should be napa #NMC p3305 which is a 40mm bore , the bore for disk/drum is only 30mm

autozone #M2608
advanced #10-2754

Last edited:

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Impala rotors with Seville calipers would be a cheaper route and have the benefit of getting replacement parts anywhere. Getting the rotors from advance and everything else from speedway, it's under $250 plus the price of a master cylinder.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
The Impala rotors with Seville calipers would be a cheaper route and have the benefit of getting replacement parts anywhere. Getting the rotors from advance and everything else from speedway, it's under $250 plus the price of a master cylinder.

I use s10 front caliper at frist and then changed over to the Seville caliper

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I use s10 front caliper at frist and then changed over to the Seville caliper

Can i ask why? whats the reasoning for changing?

also, whats the aftermarket wildwood adj prop valve? Wouldnt this set up work even better with a break booster?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your prop valve is setup up to basically deliver a certain amount of "power" as we could say to the front and rear brakes depending on if they are drum or disc. when people have their rears lock up with a disc conversion its because the prop valve thinks they are still drums, so in order to fix that you run a different proportional valve or an adjustable aftermarket one