Disassembling a '97 dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How does thing come apart? I have some burnt out bulbs to replace behind the RPM gauge and temp controls.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
The bezel that runs around your left vent, below headlight switch, around the steering column all the way to the middle vent and back around pops off. There's no screws holding it on. You'll probably have to tilt the steering wheel all the way down to pull it off. Also, the headlight switch harness has to be unplugged.

After that's off the HVAC control is held in with a tab on each side. You'll have to push them down with a screwdriver and pull it out. The cluster is held in with a couple screws. Disconnect the harness and R2 bulbs.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That bezel that clips on/pulls off, can be a pain to get off at the top where it has that deep piece that fits in above the gauges. Have patience when taking that off. It's tight, but if you tilt the top part out first, it'll be a bit easier.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Digging into it tomorrow.
Also, is there a "delete pocket" or something for the CD player (mine is below the radio)? It doesnt work and I am putting an aftermarket player in.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Yes, there's a delete pocket. I took my CD player out when I got a stock unit with a CD player. Pops in/out the same way the HVAC controls and radio do.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Digging into it tomorrow.
Also, is there a "delete pocket" or something for the CD player (mine is below the radio)? It doesnt work and I am putting an aftermarket player in.

You can get one, I got mine from the dealer, pretty sure LMC sells it too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2