Digital Dakota gauges for obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
they are expensive but i think they would be worth it if they were varible color and you could shift between digital gauges and digital anolog

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys are missing it. These...

You must be registered for see images

...are NOT the VHX gauges from Dakota Digital. They are just the same digital gauges that Dakota Digital has been selling for decades. Nothing new here.

The VHX gauges are not digital. The VHX gauges are a nice, modern analog style.

For example, look at the '73-'87s. These are the old school digital gauges that Dakota Digital has been selling for decades:

You must be registered for see images attach

And these are the VHX gauges:

And they look awesome at night:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

...are NOT the VHX gauges from Dakota Digital. They are just the same digital gauges that Dakota Digital has been selling for decades. Nothing new here.

The VHX gauges are not digital. The VHX gauges are a nice, modern analog style.

For example, look at the '73-'87s. These are the old school digital gauges that Dakota Digital has been selling for decades:

And these are the VHX gauges:

And they look awesome at night:

I posted the digitals because i like them. But those VHX gauges are awesome, and would look really cool in an OBS. Would definitely be different from those crappy white overlays that are available.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dakota Digitals gauges are not cheap, but the quality is excellent! Ive installed them in the past. I installed a set of in a 57 Chevy Bel air 4 door hard top last year, and the installation is pretty extensive. However, the features of the gauges are quite excellent. This would be an awesome solution for the guys doing lsx swaps, and I think the analog sweep style gauges would look right at home in an OBS!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would buy the vhx for our 89 (it currently has 94 gauges) or I would swap to the 95 and up style but only because of the gauges.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score

-snip pictures-

Oh, thanks for clearing it up! That changes my mind a bit. I would love those gauges. Do they come in anything besides blue?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
When I win the Lotto I will have a VHX for my 400.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do they come in anything besides blue?

Not sure.

damn the vhx in red would be :boobs: still not quite sold on the price yet Im just a tightass :lol:

For my square dually I was considering doing the Auto Meter gauges behind the bezel. If I ever get the money, I'll do the VHX instead since they'll be about half as much as I'd spend for all the gauges and other stuff I'd need doing the Auto Meter swap.