Digital Dakota gauges for obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Do the VHX gauges have to use the factory means of data collection? Or could it get it from some other type of input? There's a few gauges on my factory cluster in my diesel swap that I've been having trouble getting working correctly. Mainly the tach.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the VHX gauges have to use the factory means of data collection? Or could it get it from some other type of input? There's a few gauges on my factory cluster in my diesel swap that I've been having trouble getting working correctly. Mainly the tach.

Im not 100% sure on the VHX series, but on the original DD gauges you install all new senders that are included with the gauges. Water temp, oil pressure, speed sender, tach signal etc. You can also buy additional senders for different engine combos from them as well.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not 100% sure on the VHX series, but on the original DD gauges you install all new senders that are included with the gauges. Water temp, oil pressure, speed sender, tach signal etc. You can also buy additional senders for different engine combos from them as well.

I'm sure the VHX would be a similar situation. Another cool feature with the square body VHX cluster (and probably all other VHX sets) is OBD-II capabilities to check and clear codes and monitor other OBD-II functions as well as do acceleration times and other goodies.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they come up with...At the moment, I am pleased with my denali dash, but we shall see what this looks like.