Diesel swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've always wanted a diesel but I love my 94 c1500 anyone ever swapped the 5.7 and threw a diesel in? Show me your pictures and your problems you ran into!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you are going to put in a 12 valve Cummins, I wouldn't do the swap. I have had 3 newer diesel trucks and every one of them has been an electrical nightmare. It seems like as soon as the diesel truck is hi-tech enough to come with throttle by wire, it becomes a problem.

The electronic diesel trucks are awesome unless they are in limp mode. Mine went into limp mode every time a bird flew close to the truck. Maddening.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
A fire breathing 4BT might be the perfect engine for your truck, I'm sure you'd need to upgrade to 3/4 or one ton springs if you were to drop in a 12 Valve.
A 6.6 Duramax would be awesome but like @letitsnow said, electrical nightmare.

If you do just a little googling and adding in GMT400 behind whatever you type in, you'll find a ton of helpful threads that detail swapping in diesel engines.