Diesel and gas clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Anyone know if the clutch and pressure plate assemblies out of a 6.5 diesel are the same as a small block?

Did a little reading and haven't really come up with anything conclusive. I just don't want to get two trucks apart and then have to put one back together to make a trip to the parts store.

Before you ask me why... swapping an NV4500 out of a 95 K2500 diesel into my 94 K2500 gasser which has an ailing NV3500. The diesel literally just had a brand new clutch installed, and if I can use it... that'll save me a few hundred bucks.

Thanks

Sent from somewhere between here and there

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
They are different, but the clutch disc should work if the diesel has a solid state flywheel. If it has a dual mass, the clutch plate won't have any springs in it, and its a touch smaller (11 3/4" instead of 11 7/8"). My advice would be get your flywheel turned, and spend the money on a clutch kit, it will save you trouble in the long run. In a pinch, a solid state diesel clutch disc could be used tho.