did some painting today.. :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Welp, i decided to de-chrome the truck today....

Front and rear bumpers, nerf bars, and the side mirrors all got a nice coat of satin black...:)

You must be registered for see images attach

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm with butch on the demold, I would also use a headlight restoration kit on your parking lights. Other than that I love it. I really am partial to the older style chevy grills though

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man, I need to paint my front bumper black, and change my "painted-to-match" rear bumper back to black.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Looks good, I vote for demold :D

No plans on de-molding..i wheel this thing, so i want to keep the protection of the molding in place..it saved my passenger side cab corner from a stump rub going through a sharp turn in the woods a while back...if it wasn't there, i would have a pretty nasty scrape where the molding was...so it's staying on..

I'm with butch on the demold, I would also use a headlight restoration kit on your parking lights. Other than that I love it. I really am partial to the older style chevy grills though

The turn signals are a lost cause...I'm going to replace them with new aftermarket lenses...and I'm thinking about projectors also..:hmm:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn you for not having the burgundy and silver two tone. I have been contemplating this same type of project Im not sure how it would look. Yours looks good and I think leave the moulding. It ties the black together a bit.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Looks good, I vote for demold :D

damn you for not having the burgundy and silver two tone. I have been contemplating this same type of project Im not sure how it would look. Yours looks good and I think leave the moulding. It ties the black together a bit.

ya, i'm not sure if a black trimmed two tone truck would look good...i was pretty safe with mine being white, black/white seem to always go good together on a vehicle imo...agreed on the trim tying the black together with the body of the truck, that was a unseen perk..:D

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of paint do you use? do you do any prep work to the chrome?