Detroit Diesel Swap Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Like he said 500-600 depending on condition

mistaake

Reaction score
it's hard to get rid of a non-driving truck even if it's in perfect condition. I ended up parting with a low mileage 96 Yukon 4x4 with brand new tires for I think $900 because the tranny lost 3rd and 4th and I could not afford a rebuild. :'( Worst decision I ever made but oh well.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
it's hard to get rid of a non-driving truck even if it's in perfect condition. I ended up parting with a low mileage 96 Yukon 4x4 with brand new tires for I think $900 because the tranny lost 3rd and 4th and I could not afford a rebuild. :'( Worst decision I ever made but oh well.
I make lots of money that way.

Buchenrad

Reaction score
I was looking around on Craigslist to figure out what similar vehicles are going for and I found a couple vehicles with recently rebuilt engines and some other problem. One in particular that was wrecked and has an engine rebuilt 25k ago with a good transmission that I could probably sell to get some of my money back. I am waiting for my shop to get back to me about what they would charge to move an engine from one truck to another but Im thinking that might be a relatively cost effective way to get it going again.