Delayed throttle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
When i hit the throttle, it kinda bogs down, then revs up. only does it when its idling or close to it. (1000-2000) but after 2000 it seems to rev normally. any help?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check for vacuum leaks that can cause a flat spot when accelerating,also the tps switch could be bad

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Cap & rotor, iac, tps, wires, plugs and or plug gap, fuel pressure, fuel filter, and possibly injectors.

Check all of those and check for vacuum leaks.

I'm not sure what is all new since the head rebuild.

Sent from Robl@and!

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
check for vacuum leaks that can cause a flat spot when accelerating,also the tps switch could be bad
Vacuum is all set up right and there arent any leaks. Were thinkin its the TPS cause when disassembling we were unbolting the ac mount and the one bolt is right beside and we cracked the housing of the tps. So that might be it.
Cap & rotor, iac, tps, wires, plugs and or plug gap, fuel pressure, fuel filter, and possibly injectors.

Check all of those and check for vacuum leaks.

I'm not sure what is all new since the head rebuild.

Sent from Robl@and!

nothin is really new just plugs and valve seals, springs, dampers. The DS injector sprays half of its flow then drools the other half. That might also be the problem with the tps or iac cause one of the shops that worked on this truck a while ago rewired the iac and put a new male plug on. Im hopin its not the iac and is just the injector and tps. We're goin to run an injector cleaning process through it and hope that works. It runs straight on the cleaner, its not a fuel additive.

Sent from my finally running z71

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Well I would pull the wiring diagram from AutoZone.com to check the IAC. If you cracked the TPS housing, that could be the problem.

Sent from Robl@and!

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Well I would pull the wiring diagram from AutoZone.com to check the IAC. If you cracked the TPS housing, that could be the problem.

Sent from Robl@and!

Yea ill check, and i hope thats the problem. Ill get the injectors clean and if thats not the problem ill get a upullit tps and hopefully that works and fixes it

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Yea ill check, and i hope thats the problem. Ill get the injectors clean and if thats not the problem ill get a upullit tps and hopefully that works and fixes it

There is a way to test them. Look it up and then take a meter with you.

Sent from Robl@and!