Decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PossumJr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can already guess where this is going. Right now my truck has stock exhaust until after the cat where the P.O. put a glasspack going out through a y to two 3.5 inch tips. I want to get rid of the glasspack and maybe punch out the cat, and am trying to decide between Flowmaster 50s, Cherrybomb Pro, Elite, or Vortex. Anyone got some suggestions because I'm at the point of pulling out hair trying to decide.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I think a CB vortex would sound good. That's what I plan on running when I redo my exhaust.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
magnaflow... ive had blowmaster all my life and after changing over to the magnaflow i will never go back..

if you want something crazy loud go with a spintech.. there not to bad on a stock motor but retarded loud on a built motor.. lol

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had a magnaflow for a few years....before that a flowmaster....the sound was better with flowmaster but I believe the performance edge goes to magnaflow

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your wanting a single in dual out I would suggest a slp loudmouth... They sound sick

PossumJr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't want crazy loud, especially if I gut the cat, and Magnaflows are just expensive, quieter glasspacks imo. I forgot about the Thrush welded, after listening to some I got it between the Thrush, CB Elite, and Flowmasters, leaning towards the Thrush, the price is very nice too.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but they sound nothing like a glass pack at all.. i have a single 3" in dual 2 1/2 out turned in front of my RR wheel and it sound good.. but i also have long tube headers and a off road 3" Y pipe.. its not loud till i get on it then it has a racey sound..

on my 96 i had the same set up but a single in single out 3" blowmaster and it didnt sound to bad.. but there mufflers dont last like they did back in the day.. baffles always breaking

PossumJr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but Flowmasters really aren't the kinda of sound I want, not that they don't sound good